Ever in a situation where the door blinds are broken by someone and you don’t have time to get new ones? Here is a simple and stupid (but works) way to fix them.
Here are the bill of materials that you need:
- Broken Blinds (yes, this is what we are fixing…)
- Clear tape (Duct tape gives a look that is too classic for system administrators)
- Clear Plastic Tabs used with file folders
- Hole Punch (not shown in the picture)
How to do it:
- Punch a hole in the Plastic Tab, guessing the depth it would need from the top of the tab
- Insert the tab on either side of the blind and position the hole.
- Use Clear tape to wrap the contents
- If Clear tape closes the hole during the previous step, make sure that the hole is punched again.
Here is the “before” picture:
Here is the “after” picture:
Note: This post may look stupid, but stresses on the importance of trivial things in what we call as “instruction manuals”.