I test drove Mahindra Xylo over the weekend. Let me give the ugly details first:
- Car’s interiors (plastics) are really cheap.
- Luggage space is not up to the mark. Okay, but not good enough.
- Looks are not good.
- No Airbags
- Gear shift is not smooth (even on the test vehicle that has 7.7K km on that). Clutch needs to be really floored.
Now let me enumerate the positives:
- Pickup is nice even in city traffic conditions
- Good turning radius. Smooth U turn at a decent 25KMPH (right in front of KBR park, at LV Prasad Eye Institute)
- Seating space is really good. Outscores Toyota Innova. Especially the third row
- Features are better (except for the lack of airbags)
- Rate is good, after the end-of-the year offers.
I would have taken this vehicle if they could deliver it before the end of the month. However, there is no stock for the specific model/color (the one with ABS) I am looking for. So I am backing out.